It’s that time of the month ladies, and I don’t give a shit what anyone says- whether PMS is a myth or not, I need chocolate! Ok, maybe that’s my everyday life craving, but it always seems much greater when the lining of my uterus decides to break free and leave me. My theory is that it leaves me feeling emptier, hence a space becomes vacant somewhere along the way and requires some fulfilment, and this can be achieved through energy-dense foods.
The good news is that I can satisfy this urge with healthier options – I don’t need to feel even more bloated than I already am thank you very much! Seriously #lookingpregnantwithoutbeingpregnant (longest hashtag to ever exist, I can’t even read it myself!).
Snickers seems to be the most prominent mainstream western chocolate bar here in China so that’s what I’ll be imitating. This wannabe Snickers will take form in a chia pudding- sounds boring as hell you say? You honestly must taste it to believe me when I say it was flipping awesome!
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 300ml sweetened coconut milk
- 4tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Handful salted peanuts
- Stir the cocoa powder into the milk.
- Pour into bowl with the chia seeds and mix with a fork.
- Stir in 2 tbsp peanut butter.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Make a peanut butter syrup by mixing the remaining peanut butter with maple syrup and swirling through.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts.