If you’ve got that one annoying person to buy a Christmas gift for and never know what to buy them because they never appear to be satisfied, put together a Christmas hamper- naughty food is the one thing you can never go wrong with (even the health freaks will eat junk over the holiday period).
One of the components of that Christmas hamper should definitely be this fudge. What makes this one so festive is the addition of chestnut, that typically Christmas ‘nut’ infamously roasted on an open fire (or a fan assisted oven if you don’t don a log fire in your home).
It’s mushy texture and nutty flavour incorporated into a squishy structure with toasted coconut, Medjool date caramel and generously smothered in chocolate has no room for wrong-doing and makes just about anyone happy.
Makes 30 chunks
- 150ml coconut cream
- 100g peeled, roasted chestnut
- 250g pitted medjool dates
- 100g toasted dessicated coconut
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g good quality dark chocolate
- In a food processor, blitz all ingredients (except chocolate and coconut) until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut then transfer to a square/rectangular tin.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle on top of the fudge and refrigerate for a further 2 hours.
- Cut into small squares (or large if you fancy!) and tuck in.
Place into small bags, tie with ribbon and whatever other shizzle you fancy, ready to pass on as a gift (if you haven’t eaten the lot by then).