If, like me, you’ve still got pumpkins coming out of your ears since you made a significant error when calculating the number of pumpkins that were required for your Halloween party then this recipe is yet another thing to rustle up with that increasingly annoying vegetable that just won’t leave you alone!
If you’re partial to overnight oats, this little number is ideal. It’s almost like eating a pudding for breakfast you almost feel guilty! Go a step further and consider it one portion of veg if you give yourself a significant serving of sugar and spice pumpkin puree- bonus!
So before you tuck into this creamy oat mixture topped with warming mushy pumpkin mash and toasted marshmallows, here’s the recipe to help you get there.
- 100g gluten-free oats
- 400ml sweetened plant milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 150g cooked pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- handful marshmallows (optional)
- Combine the oats with the milk in two separate bowls/jars and leave aside.
- In a food processor, blitz all remaining ingredients (except marshmallows) into a smooth puree.
- Spoon over the oats.
- Top with marshmallows, toasted lightly using a blowtorch, and refrigerate overnight.
Let the oats greet you the next day with the best ‘good morning’ ever!