You might think this was some fancy venture I decide to take for an upcoming dinner party, but you are wrong my friend. I had a bottle of olive oil, some agar powder in my cupboard, not much more in the fridge and decided to put these few components together. And this happened.
Doesn’t really curb any cravings or satisfy your hunger for that matter, but it’s good for those peckish moments or to show off to guests with, or simply if you just fancy something a little bit different.
My kitchen lay bare and desolate so I wasn’t left with so many serving options. However, I did have some minty mushy peas and croutons which seemed to work pretty well with the mild and delicate flavour of the olive oil panna cotta.
- 600ml almond milk
- 3g agar powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Heat milk, lemon zest and agar powder together until the agar has dissolved.
- Stir in the olive oil, lemon juice and sugar then allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Experiment a little and see what tastes best with yours.