If you want my spiel on pancakes and something chocolatey, go check out my chocolate pancakes recipe. After writing up that recipe, I’ve not got much more to say on the pancake topic. This one’s more of a minimalist post, basically just the recipe.
Makes 10-12 crepes
Ingredients for pancakes:
- 150g plain flour
- 450ml plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25ml rapeseed oil (plus extra to fry)
Ingredients for sauce:
- 250ml orange juice
- 50g sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 35g fresh ginger cut into slices
- For the pancakes, whisk all ingredients together until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Heat a small amount of oil until hot, ladle in a portion (1 full medium ladle) of the batter and swirl around the pan to spread evenly and thinly.
- Cook for roughly 1 minute when the edges start to slightly curl then flip immediately.
- Leave to cook on the other side for no more than a minute and leave aside.
- For the sauce, place all ingredients in a pan until sugar dissolves and the syrup is just about to reach boiling point.
- Remove the slices of ginger.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Drizzle as much syrup as you fancy onto the crepes and savour each mouthful. The crepes can also be cooked in advance and eaten at room temperature or warmed slightly.