Thai food seems to be on everyone’s top 5 favourite food lists of all time, and understandably so. Packed full of flavour, spice and usually a lot of coconut, it’s a collaboration of ingredients that can’t be celebrated enough.
This bowl is right up your alley if you’re a fan. An infusion of rich coconut cream, ginger and lemongrass surrounding fluffy rice and swimming smoothly through a hefty bunch of black beans with a bit of bite, all in just one bowl.
Makes 2 bowls
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 150g uncooked long grain rice
- 200g cooked beans
- ½ tsp ground lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Handful fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice thoroughly before placing in a saucepan with all ingredients except beans.
- Mix to coat each grain then top up with water until there is liquid to cover the surface of the rice.
- Bring to a boil then leave on the lowest heat for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, slowly stir in the beans and top with fresh coriander before serving.
Enjoy the cuisine of Thailand from the comfort of your own home.