I’m pretty sure that there’s some hormonal imbalance that’s making me so damn hungry all the time! Of course vegetables are the go-to option but without a bit of fat, they’re so bloody boring. One of my faves is coleslaw but with all that mayo, I may as well have a cake.
The ‘alternative’ version is something my mum would make with the usual Indian twist, crunchy carrots combined with a unique spice mixture that just bring any vegetables to life. So now this is what I use to curb my cravings!
- 8 medium carrots julienned
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 chilli crushed
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan then add all of the seeds and chilli.
- Fry for 5 minutes to allow flavours to be released.
- Stir in the carrots and cook for a further 5-8 minutes with the lid on depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veg.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and fresh coriander.
As well as an emergency snack, I also use this as a side dish to accompany my curries, rice and chapattis .