Have you ever seen Wallace and Gromit? If so then you’ve definitely heard of Wensleydale cheese! A fresh, fruity, milky cheese usually combined with cranberries. I really think this cashew cream cheese resembles the mild flavours and fruity undertones of the original stuff, but maybe the addition of cranberries just gives it that illusion- either way, it tastes good!
Guess you’ll just have to rustle it up to make that decision for yourself!
- 150g cashews soaked overnight
- 150ml plant milk
- 100g dried cranberries soaked
- Garlic salt to taste
- Place cashews, milk and salt in a blender until creamy and no lumps are visible.
- Fold in the cranberries and pour into a strainer lined with cheesecloth and over a bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight to release any excess liquid.
- Remove from the cheesecloth, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerate.
If you prefer a more stiff cheese you can reduce the milk content and add the cranberries without soaking. I like it as a really spreadable cream, the ease of spreading is heavenly!