Yet another protein bar in the works here. Hit a bit of a writing block this week so it’ll just be the recipe for now but maybe I’ll come back to fill in the blanks at some point soon. In the mean time, enjoy these bars.
Makes 8-10 bars
- 2 large grated apples
- 50g almond flour
- 50g oat flour
- 50g whole oats
- 100g vanilla protein powder
- 50g dried cherries
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 200ml soya milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine all wet ingredients together and leave aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients together, make a well in the centre and slowly fold in the dry ingredients, ensuring everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Mix in the grated apple, coating each bit with the flour mix.
- Pour into a deep tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 35 minutes.
I went all out and had it as pudding with a huge dollop of custard, but of course it’s a perfect post-workout snack without the custard!