Anyone ever had one of those ‘Eat Natural’ bars before and expected it to be super crunchy and a bit more delicious than it actually is?! Same here. Well ironically enough, I tried to mimic them, BUT with the added crunch factor and it worked- bloody delicious they are! The quinoa pops really throw in a bit of crisp if the crunch just isn’t enough.
Sorry I’ve kept the text pretty short, but I guess you’re here for the recipe rather than the backstory!
Makes 12 bars
- 60g cranberries/raisins
- 100g cashews
- 100g walnuts
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 50g popped/puffed quinoa
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut (optional)
- 100ml maple syrup
- 4tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except sugar) and leave aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar, syrup, oil and vanilla extract, bringing to the boil and allowing to bubble for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Quickly fold into the nut mixture before laying out on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and harden.
Store in an airtight container- refrigeration not required for storage.