Everyone knows cookie dough is one of the best things in this world. You can never really go wrong with it. But how about a healthier version? Now I’m not a big pumpkin seed fan, especially when they’re not roasted and smothered in salt, but I do have a gigantic jar full of them which has been sitting in my kitchen for far too long. The idea of throwing them away forced me into creating these pumpkin seed cookie dough bites!
Since cookie dough is delicious, surely even pumpkin seeds in cookie dough form would be an upgrade right! So I thought I’d give these lonely seeds a transformation. Shaped into perfect mouthful-sized balls and dipped in chocolate, I couldn’t stop myself. I did fill that jar back up with these, but it was emptied out in the space of a day. Definitely polished off those seeds when they weren’t just seeds! So here it is, the recipe for my pumpkin seed cookie dough bites.
Makes 25 balls
- 200g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 150g dark chocolate
- In a food processor blend the pumpkin seeds into a fine, almost powder-like texture. The natural oils will keep it a little sticky, preventing it from being a dry powder.
- Add to a bowl and fold in the oil, syrup, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and coconut until all ingredients and evenly combined.
- Shape into 25 small balls and refrigerate on a flat tray lined with greaseproof paper for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each ball into the chocolate until fully coated.
- Place back on to the tray and refrigerate for a further 2 hours.
The balls can be kept in or out of the fridge and tucked into whenever. Also the perfect snack after a gym session.
If you like these pumpkin seed cookie dough balls then you’re bound to love these chocolate coffee protein balls https://foodflaneur.com/2019/05/28/chococcino-protein-balls-vegan-gluten-free-refined-sugar-free/.
I’d like to give a big thanks to Lauren from Oatmeal with a Fork for her inspiration in helping me create this recipe. You can find their version here: https://www.oatmealwithafork.com/pumpkin-seed-flour-cookie-dough-bites-nut-free-low-sugar/.