Stuck on what to give your friends and family for Christmas? Well a hamper is always a great one in my books and demonstrates that a lot of thought and effort went into the gift. This vegan sea salt peanut brittle is crunchy, sugary, nutty and of course salty all at the same time, is made with just 5 ingredients and is ready in a matter of minutes. Such a diverse mix of flavours and textures, it’s like a Christmas party on the palette!
Since it’s vegan and free of all grains, it can be given to most people with special dietary requirements- just make sure they don’t have a peanut allergy because that’s definitely someone you can NOT make this sea salt peanut brittle a present for!
Makes 10 large shards
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 200g sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 150g roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a saucepan, place sugar, syrup and water and allow to boil once the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue to boil on a medium heat until the mixture reaches hard crack stage. You can check by dripping a little into a cup of cold water. If the syrup remains soft and toffee-like it needs a bit longer. If it immediately becomes hard and brittle once in contact with the cold water, it’s ready.
- Add the peanuts and mix, ensuring to work quickly.
- Remove from the heat once peanuts are fully incorporated into the sugar mix and pour out quickly but carefully onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and store in a dry place.
Once completely cooled, wrap up nicely in cute gift bags, glass jars or little boxes
You’re obviously a peanut lover so you’re bound to like these peanut butter and walnut millet blondies: https://foodflaneur.com/2018/11/11/peanut-butter-and-walnut-millet-blondies-vegan-gluten-free/
I’d like to give a massive thanks to Alison from Loving it Vegan for her inspiration in helping me create this recipe. You can find her version here: https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-peanut-brittle/