Coconut is something I’ve never really enjoyed the taste of, particularly as an overpowering flavour. However, in this Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie Dough Bars recipe, when combined with chocolate, the coconut works wonders. The chocolate transforms it completely. Typically, dessicated coconut tends to be dry, super ‘coconutty’ and something you would most likely choke on if consumed without water. Not so tantalising right?!
In these bars, you have crumbly, smushy, fudgy, crunchy, velvety, moist, and with just 6 ingredients you end up with this pile of chocolatey coconut tastiness. Now that’s something you can’t miss out on!
Makes 16 bars
- 350g dessicated coconut
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 5 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 200g chocolate chips
- 60ml plant milk
- Add dessicated coconut to a food processor and blend until it starts to stick to the sides of the blender.
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor, except chocolate chips and plant milk, and blend until a sticky dough forms.
- Place in a bowl and fold in half of the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Transfer mix to a tray lined with baking paper, pressing down with hands.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a double boiler or microwave with the plant milk and pour over the top.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or freezer to speed things up.
Cut these chocolate chip coconut cookie dough bars into generously sized slices, or small chunks depending on what you’re going for and how many people this is intended for and just go for it!
There’s also a mint choc chip version that tastes awesome and I highly recommend that you go check it out here…https://foodflaneur.com/2019/03/05/choc-chip-coconut-cookie-dough-vegan-gluten-free/.
I’d like to give a massive thanks to Be Good Organics, for their inspiration in helping me create this recipe. You can find their version here: https://begoodorganics.com/healthy-coconut-ice-vegan-gluten-free-paleo/#wprm-recipe-container-1046.