No-Bake Poppy Seed Rolls
These No-Bake Poppy Seed Rolls have pretty much no expiry date, a dough that’s made of dates and nuts, and a filling made with sweet vanilla poppy seed jam. Which also means they’re vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, full of protein and super healthy. They don’t require baking and are ready to eat as soon as they’re all rolled up.
Fudgy with sweet vanilla oozing out from the centre with each mouthful is exactly how I’d describe this. So what are you waiting for?!
Makes 16 slices
- 125g dates
- 125g almond flour
- 1 cup ground poppyseeds
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 65ml plant milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- In a blender, combine the dates and almond flour.
- Knead into a smooth dough until all ingredients hold together.
- Roll into a large sheet. Leave aside on a sheet of clingfilm.
- Combine milk, syrup and starch and heat until it thickens.
- Fold in the ground poppy seeds and mix into a paste.
- Rub the paste on to the dough and roll.
- Rest in the fridge for at least at hour to become more firm and serve.
This No-Bake Poppy Seed Roll is the perfect accompaniment to that much needed cuppa.
Although not a roll or cake of any sort, this snack recipe requires almost the same ingredients but requires even less effort! My date candy https://foodflaneur.com/2019/04/16/date-candy-vegan-gluten-free/. I’d like to give a massive thanks to Tatana Shamma from One Green Planet for her inspiration in helping me create this recipe. You can find her version here: https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/poppy-seed-roll/.