A velvety, smooth chocolate pudding that can be eaten for breakfast – it is just oats and milk after all! This Hot Chocolate Pudding Porridge has just 4 ingredients, is vegan and gluten-free and is ready to eat in a jiffy.
- 50g oats
- 150 ml plant milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut or sweetener of choice
- Toppings (optional) granola, peanut butter, chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blitz the oats into a powder and leave aside.
- Heat the milk and mix in the sugar and cocoa powder until dissolved.
- Stir in the oat powder and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle/drizzle with toppings.
This hot chocolate pudding porridge can be eaten hot or cold and can also be left overnight in the cold milk as with overnight oats. And you don’t need to stop there with the sprinkles!
Need more oats inspo? No problem, I’ve got you covered! A few recipes include pumpkin pie https://foodflaneur.com/2018/12/18/pumpkin-pie-overnight-oats-vegan-gluten-free/, chocolate orange https://foodflaneur.com/2018/08/04/1-step-chocolate-orange-pudding-oats-vegan/ and a coffee bean granola if you fancy something with a bit of bite https://foodflaneur.com/2018/08/15/3-step-chocolate-coffee-bean-granola-vegan/.
I’d like to give a massive thanks to Healthy Forkful for her inspiration in helping me create this recipe. You can find her version here: https://www.healthyforkful.com/super-quick-chocolate-porridge/.