These Butter Bean Blondies are ooey, gooey, chewy chunks of delightfulness – definitely what heaven tastes like! Punctured with chunks of white chocolate for that little soft crunch in each mouthful. Made with a heck load of beans, these squidgy little slices are packed with protein and fibre along with a whole heap of other good things to keep you nice and nourished.
They are also gluten-free and require just 2 steps – one in a blender and one in the oven and voila, they’ll be ready to eat as soon as you know it.
Makes 16 chunks
- 180g cooked butterbeans
- 200g oats
- 120 ml rapeseed oil
- 250 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- White chocolate chips/chunks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients until creamy batter forms.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Transfer batter to tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 25-30 minutes (top should start cracking along the edges).
- Allow to cool before cutting into chunks.
These butter bean blondies are perfect as a snack any time of day or as a dessert….maybe even for breakfast?!
There’s also a salted caramel version of these badboys! You know you want them… https://foodflaneur.com/2018/11/11/peanut-butter-and-walnut-millet-blondies-vegan-gluten-free/.
I’d like to give a massive thanks to Tiffany from Don’t Waste the Crumbs for her inspiration in helping me create this recipe. You can find her version here: https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/white-bean-blondies/#tasty-recipes-83729.