These seriously insane fudgy Chocolate Orange Brownies are vegan and gluten-free. On another note, think of me what you will, but I am literally in the middle of watching Mystic River and stupidly promised someone that I’d have this recipe out today. It’s not a common occurrence to put up a post with absolutely nothing in it, but if I get one chance to do it, today is that day.
So here it is, plain and simple, the ultimate flavour combination brownie.
I candied oranges, which by the way I did not realise could be done because I only ever see candied peel and assumed the rest couldn’t go through the intense sugaring- turns out they can. So on went a slathering of chocolate and the sliced orange candy, oooooooh yeah.
Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipes
Ingredients for chocolate orange brownies:
- 150ml soya milk
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 200g dark chocolate (dairy-free) plus extra to decorate
- 80g cocoa powder
- 50g oat flour
- 50g chickpea flour
- 100ml flavourless oil
- 100g coconut palm sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp orange oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the oil then remove from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice to the soya milk. Once curdled, stir into the melted chocolate.
- Fold in the cocoa powder, chickpea flour, oat flour and cherries.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at these brownies please feel free to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur – would love to see your pics!