These no-bake Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies are flourless, contain just 6 ingredients and require just a blender. The texture and flavour is very similar to German lebkuchen, which is a fudgy moulded, spiced gingerbread cookie with warming ginger notes peaking through.
What I love about this gingerbread is that it contains just 5 ingredients, requires no cooking whatsoever, is completely vegan and gluten-free and can be made solely in the blender and eaten straight from there in cookie dough form. It’s also pretty healthy since it’s made with oats and has no added sugar – the sweetness comes from dates.
These gingerbread cookies can be eaten straight from the blender as you would cookie dough. Feel free to also omit the ginger if you would prefer a different flavour. This recipe has been adapted slightly from my No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies.
Questions about Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
How to make Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies?
To make gluten-free vegan gingerbread cookies, add oats to a blender along with ground ginger and blitz into a fine flour. Add pitted dates and continue to blend until dates are small chunks. Add nut butter and blend until a smooth dough form. Remove from blender and shape into 8 balls. Transfer to flat tray lined with greaseproof paper flatten slightly. Finish by pressing a pecan nut into the surface of the top of each gingerbread cookie and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Substitutions
- Oat flour can be subbed with almond or coconut flour or a mixture of all of these flours.
- Ginger can be omitted to obtain a more neutral flavour.
- Additional flavours to be added include chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, coconut etc.
These gluten-free gingerbread cookies are…
- Blender food
- Christmas dessert
- Made with oats
More Recipes to Try…
Save for Later
If you don’t have time to make these gluten-free gingerbread cookies now, click on any image on this page to add it to your Pinterest list. Fancy more inspo? Come see me on Pinterest for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert ideas.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at these gluten-free gingerbread cookies, be sure to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur so I don’t miss out on your creations and give your post some love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- 180 g nut butter e.g almond cashew
- 7 dates
- 200 g oats
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Handful pecans
- In a food processor, blend the oats to a fine powder and leave aside.
- Add the dates to the processor and blitz into small chunks.
- In a saucepan heat the nut butter with the maple syrup and dates until all are well incorporated and runny.
- Remove from the heat and add the oat flour and mix into a smooth dough with hands.
- Form into 8-10 balls and slightly flatten.
- Gently press pecans into the tops.
- Pecans are optional
- Oat flour can be replaced or part replaced with almond flour or coconut flour
- Additional flavours or toppings can be added such as chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, cocoa powder etc