These flourless Peanut Butter Brownies are rich, fudgy, gooey and super chocolatey. They also contain no refined sugar and no oil, just wholesome ingredients that come together to make a deliciously perfect brownie.
These decadent brownie chunks are so simple to make and require just 8 ingredients, and with nut butter as a main component, they come with a generous amount of protein, making them the perfect snack after a workout or the gym.
Questions about Peanut Butter Brownies
How to make Peanut Butter Brownies? To make Peanut Butter Brownies, you need peanut butter, coconut or brown sugar, dark chocolate chips, baking powder, flax eggs, milk, almond flour and cocoa powder. In a bowl, beat together the peanut butter, sugar and flax eggs. Heat the milk and chocolate chips together and mix until the chocolate has melted. Pour into the bowl with the peanut butter and stir until ingredients are well incorporated. Add the cocoa powder, almond flour and baking powder until a smooth batter results. Pour into a square baking tin lined with greaseproof paper. Bake in the oven at 180℃ for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before removing and slicing.
Can you use almond flour in brownies? Almond flour can be used to make brownies. The aim of the perfect brownie is to get a fudgy texture, not a cakey one, therefore the amount of flour used in brownies is usually very little. Due to this factor, most types of flours, whether nut, grain or other kind, it is usually fine to use them in most brownie recipes.
What makes brownies chewy? In addition to the lower flour content, using enough sugar, fat and chocolate – a good balance of these – gives a perfectly fudgy, chewy brownie.
Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
Makes 16 chunks
Ingredients for peanut butter brownies:
- 200g peanut butter + 2 tbsp for drizzling
- 200g coconut or brown sugar
- 150g almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- 2 flax eggs
- 120g cocoa powder
- 250 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter, sugar and flax eggs.
- Heat the milk and chocolate chips until the chocolate has melted and fold into the peanut butter mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated (this should look like thick melted chocolate).
- Fold in the almond flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Place into a square tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven (a toothpick should come out with a little batter that isn’t too runny).
- Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into chunks.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at these Peanut Butter Brownies please feel free to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur – would love to see your pics!
If you like brownies…
You should definitely give these recipes a try:
Big Thanks to…
Sally’s Baking Addiction for my food inspo. You can find her recipe here: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/peanut-butter-stuffed-brownies/.