I’m always down for dessert brunch so this Pumpkin Porridge was fully appropriate as it tasted just like pumpkin pie. Creamy cinnamon oats, sweet spiced pumpkin puree and toasted marshmallows – oof!
If you’re partial to overnight oats, this little number is ideal. It’s almost like eating a pudding for breakfast you almost feel guilty! Go a step further and consider it one portion of veg if you give yourself a significant serving of sugar and spice pumpkin puree- bonus!
So before you tuck into this creamy oat mixture topped with warming mushy pumpkin mash and toasted marshmallows, here’s the recipe to help you get there.
Pumpkin Porridge Recipe
Ingredients for Pumpkin Porridge:
- 100g gluten-free oats
- 400ml sweetened plant milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 150g cooked pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- handful marshmallows (optional)
- Combine the oats with the milk in two separate bowls/jars and leave aside.
- In a food processor, blitz all remaining ingredients (except marshmallows) into a smooth puree.
- Spoon over the oats.
- Top with marshmallows, toasted lightly using a blowtorch, and refrigerate overnight.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at this recipe please feel free to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur – would love to see your pics!
[…] Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats […]