This no-bake, gluten-free vegan S’mores Cheesecake comes with a luscious, fluffy, mallow, cream centre, a decadent chocolate ganache topping, chewy toasted marshmallows and a crumbly, buttery biscuit base. Once I made my Snickers Cheesecake, I had to make this one!
I’ve only ever had S’mores once in my life (crazy right?!) – a road trip in America 3 years ago and I’ve never forgotten that delicious and genius combo of crumbly graham crackers, melted chocolate and stretchy toasted marshmallows. How could I not have made this sooner and at least a second time within a 3 year window for heaven’s sake?! Some questions just do not have any answers I guess.
Since this is a no-bake cheesecake, it can easily be made raw for anyone that’s a raw foodie.
Questions about S’mores Cheesecake
How to make S’mores Cheesecake?
To make S’mores Cheesecake, you will need almond flour, toasted almonds, coconut sugar and coconut butter for the base; cashews, coconut milk, coconut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract for the mallow middle; dark chocolate, coconut milk and vanilla extract for the ganache; and vegan marshmallows for the topping. For the base, add the toasted almonds to a blender and blitz to a flour. Add to a bowl with the almond flour, coconut sugar and coconut butter and mix. Press firmly into a spongiform tin and keep aside in the freezer. For the vanilla mallow centre, add all ingredients to a blender and blitz into a smooth cream.
Pour over the biscuit base and set in the freezer for at least 3 hours. For the chocolate ganache, heat the coconut milk and vanilla. Just before boiling point, remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips, stir until melted. Pour over the set cheesecake and top with vegan marshmallows. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Remove from the fridge and toast the marshmallows before serving.
How to make raw vegan cheesecake?
To make raw vegan cheesecake, you can make simple adjustments to this recipe. The marshmallows on top are an optional addition so are not necessary. The almonds added to the base can be raw rather than toasted and the chocolate ganache can be made using cocoa powder and coconut oil which can set very well in the freezer to a more crisp rather than fudgy topping but delicious all the same. Just follow the steps above, with these alterations. The recipe for the coconut oil chocolate is used in some of my other cheesecake recipes which I have linked at the bottom of this post.
What are S’mores?
S’mores are a typical camping dessert, which is made up of graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. The marshmallow is usually toasted on an open flame and then sandwiched between two crackers along with a square of chocolate. The result is a melted chocolate mallow sandwich – sheer delight!
This S’mores Cheesecake is…
- Made with an almond flour crust
More Recipes to Try…
Save for Later
If you don’t have time to cook mince pies now, click on any image on this page to add it to your Pinterest list. Fancy more inspo? Come see me on Pinterest for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert ideas.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at these Cheesecake please feel free to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur – would love to see your pics!
Cashew Cream Cheese Topping
- 200 g cashews soaked in boiling water for 1 hour and drained
- 200 g coconut milk solid part from tin
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Gluten-Free Biscuit Base
- 100 g roasted almonds
- 100 g almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp coconut butter
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan Cheesecake Toppings
- Handful marshmallows
- Add the almonds to a food processor and blitz to achieve coarse crumbs.
- Combine this with the sugar, almond flour and coconut butter until well incorporated.
- Press tightly into spongiform tin and keep aside in the freezer.
- Place cashews, coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut butter into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of biscuit base and allow to set in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- For the ganache, heat the milk until just before boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Mix until melted.
- Pour over the cheesecake, sprinkle the marshmallows on top and allow to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Toast the marshmallows just before serving.
- Oat cream can be used instead of coconut milk
- Coconut oil can be used instead of coconut butter
- Any syrup or coconut sugar can be subbed for maple syrup