This nut-free, easy Vegan Cheese Fondue is so simple and quick to make. It requires pretty much just 1 step and is ready to eat in only 10 minutes. Serve as a lush and creamy meal for two, an appetizer or as a side dish with whatever dippers you fancy.
I think this makes for the ideal Valentine’s day food…feeding each other with perfectly mouth-sized morsels of bread covered in creamy, cheese sauce that’s great for licking off those messy areas – getting hot under the collar there yet or is it just me?! Then finish off with my luscious Vegan Crème Brulee or Chocolate Tart – hells yeah!
Why is this Good for me?
- Nutritional yeast is a great source of B vitamins, such as B12 and B6 as well as magnesium. It also contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. Another bonus is that it is virtually fat-free.
- Turmeric is the root of a flowering plant which has been used for hundreds of years in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Some studies have demonstrated its ability to exert anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Questions about Vegan Cheese Fondue
How to make Vegan Cheese Fondue
To make Vegan Cheese Fondue, add ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, just add to a saucepan and whisk until smooth (yeast flakes will be visible, but after heating should dissolve). Heat in a saucepan whilst continuously stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture starts to thicken, around 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and serve with bread sticks or croutons.
Vegan Cheese Fondue Substitutions
- Any type of plant milk can be used in this recipe.
- If not using a blender, just add ingredients to a saucepan and whisk until smooth. Yeast flakes will be visible, but after heating should dissolve. Milk curdling might occur when adding the lemon juice to the milk but should be easy to smooth out with whisking whilst heating.
- Smoked paprika can be omitted and/or replaced with liquid smoke.
- Miso paste can be used instead of yeast flakes – both provide the much needed umami taste which is usually present in cheese.
This Vegan Cheese Fondue is…
- Simple and quick
- 350 ml plant milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
More Recipes to Try…
Save for Later
If you don’t have time to make this recipe now, click on any image on this page to add it to your Pinterest list. Fancy more inspo? Come see me on Pinterest for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert ideas.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at this recipe, be sure to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur so I don’t miss out on your creations and give your post some love!