This Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe is so creamy, subtle and versatile. I even did a batch with cranberries and one batch with garlic and herbs – both were amazing.
The cream cheese is also great as a cake frosting or stirred into pasta or on a pizza crust – the potential of this recipe is endless!
Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe
Ingredients for vegan cream cheese:
- 150g cashews soaked overnight
- 150ml plant milk
- 100g dried cranberries (optional)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Place cashews, milk and salt in a blender until creamy and no lumps are visible.
- Fold in the cranberries and pour into a strainer lined with cheesecloth and over a bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight to release any excess liquid.
- Remove from the cheesecloth, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerate.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at this cheese, please feel free to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur – would love to see your pics!
If you like cheese…
You should definitely give these recipes a try:
Big Thanks to…
Alpha Food for their inspiration in helping me to create this recipe. You can find their version here.