This Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe is so creamy, subtle and versatile. I even did a batch with cranberries and one batch with garlic and herbs – both were amazing.
The cream cheese is also great as a cake frosting or stirred into pasta or on a pizza crust – the potential of this recipe is endless!
Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe
Ingredients for vegan cream cheese:
- 150g cashews soaked overnight
- 150ml plant milk
- 100g dried cranberries (optional)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Place cashews, milk and salt in a blender until creamy and no lumps are visible.
- Fold in the cranberries and pour into a strainer lined with cheesecloth and over a bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight to release any excess liquid.
- Remove from the cheesecloth, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerate.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at this cheese, please feel free to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur – would love to see your pics!
If you like cheese…
You should definitely give these recipes a try:
Big Thanks to…
Alpha Food for their inspiration in helping me to create this recipe. You can find their version here.
Recipes sent with Love
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Leave a Reply