Kalter Hund Recipe
This no-bake German dessert is made with layers of chocolate ganache and crisp, buttery biscuits. Just 3 ingredients and so simple to make, it's a no-brainer really!
Servings: 12 slices
- 200 g semi-sweet rectangular biscuits like rich tea fingers or a vegan Leibniz
- 600 g dark chocolate
- 1 can coconut milk full cream
Combine chocolate and coconut milk and heat until chocolate is completely melted.
Add one layer of biscuits into a loaf tin lined with foil and spoon some of the chocolate until biscuits are completely covered.
Continue this step until all of the chocolate and biscuits have been used up, ending on a chocolate layer.
Ensure that chocolate is covering the edges of the biscuits so that when you remove it from the tin the biscuits will not be visible.
Chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours and serve when set.
- Oat cream can be used instead of coconut milk
- Any type of plain, milk or dark chocolate can be used
- Gluten-free biscuits similar to Liebniz or other semi-sweet crisp biscuits can be used in this recipe
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 7mg