Easy Vegan French Toast
This Easy Vegan French Toast is made with a creamy chickpea batter infused with vanilla, giving it a protein boost and some added fibre. Gluten-free bread also works perfectly in this recipe. So simple, quick and ready in a matter of minutes. The batter can even be prepared in advance.
Servings: 6 slices
- 6 slices bread
- 50 g chickpea flour
- 30 g neutral protein powder
- 250 ml plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
In a bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, protein powder, plant milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and oil until a smooth batter is achieved.
Leave to rest for 3-4 minutes.
Soak each slice of bread in the batter just before frying, allowing excess to drip away.
Pan fry on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, until slightly crisp and golden. Oil for frying is optional if using a non-stick pan.
- Any type of bread can be used with this batter in most cases
- Maple syrup can be replaced with sugar
- Other flavours can be added to the French toast batter, such as cinnamon or chocolate
- Protein powder can be omitted and replaced with chickpea flour
- Rapeseed oil can be replaced with other oils such as olive oil
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2mg