This easy Tofu Scramble is vegan and gluten-free and is made with just 3 ingredients. The perfect brunch or breakfast that's simple, quick and high in protein.
Servings: 2 people
- 390 g firm tofu 1 block
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kala namak black salt (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric optional
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan mayonnaise optional
- 1 tsp sweet mustard optional
- 3 tbsp plant milk
- 4 breakfast muffins or bread rolls can be gluten-free
In a frying pan, heat a little oil then crumble in the block of tofu along with the onion powder, turmeric and kala namak and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For the faux hollandaise sauce, mix the vegan mayonnaise, mustard and plant milk until creamy.
To serve, slice the muffins or bread rolls in half and toast lightly and scoop the tofu scramble on top and drizzle with the sauce.
- Silken tofu can be used instead of firm tofu in this recipe, but the cooking time will be a little longer due to the additional water content
- Kala namak (black salt) can be easily replaced with regular salt
- The onion powder can be omitted
- This tofu scramble can be served alongside regular toast or whatever you fancy
- Other ingredients, such as spices, vegetables etc can be added for more flavour and texture
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 699mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 3mg