Vegan French Crepes with Cinnamon Apples
These delectable Vegan French Crepes with Cinnamon Apples are healthy, easy, quick and make for the perfect eggless, dairy-free, plant-based breakfast or dessert.
Servings: 10 crepes
- 150 g wholewheat flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 600 ml plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 large apples peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice optional
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar optional
Pour in the wet ingredients and whisk together until a smooth batter is achieved.
Pour into a jug (this makes the whole cooking process more simple, efficient and less messy).
If using a non-stick pan, oil is not necessary to fry – if not, then add ½ tsp oil to a frying pan.
Pour in around 100 ml of the batter, or enough to thinly cover the entire surface of the pan.
Swirl liquid batter around the pan to spread evenly and thinly – be quick before the batter starts to cook in the hot pan.
Cook for roughly 2 minutes when the edges start to slightly curl then flip immediately and cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
For the cinnamon apples, add all ingredients to a pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes – depending on if you like smushy or al dente.
Place 2-3 tbsp of apples on each crepe, roll up and serve.
- Coconut sugar can be replaced with an alternative sweetener such as brown sugar or stevia
- Rice flour can be replaced with coconut flour to keep the buns flourless
- Cornstarch can be replaced with other starch powders such as tapioca starch or potato starch
- These crepes can be served with any topping or sprinkle, whether sweet or savoury
- Sugar can be omitted from this recipe
- Add a scoop of protein powder for a protein boost
- Coconut oil can be used instead of rapeseed oil
- Additional oil can be used to cook unless using a non-stick frying pan
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 276IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1mg