These one bowl vegan Pretzel Brownies are intensely chocolatey, rich, decadent and fudgy. The baking makes the pretzels on top toasty and crisp so imagine the combination of textures in your mouth! Made with oats and dark chocolate to up the fibre and flavanols.
Servings: 16 chunks
- 250 ml rapeseed oil
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 2 flax eggs
- 120 g cocoa powder
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp coarse salt crystals
- 30 g crushed pretzels plus 16 pretzels (gluten-free optional)
Preheat oven to 180℃.
In a bowl mix the rapeseed oil, sugar, vanilla extract, flax eggs and milk.
Melt the chocolate and fold into the mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated (this should look like thick melted chocolate).
Fold in the crushed pretzels, oat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix until a smooth batter is achieved.
Place into a square tin lined with greaseproof paper and neatly place the 16 pretzel on top in rows.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven (a toothpick should come out with a little batter that isn’t too runny).
Sprinkle the salt on top.
Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into chunks.
- Coconut sugar can be replaced with other types of sugar
- Maple syrup can be replaced with other sweeteners, including sugar or other syrups
- Oat flour can be replaced with other flours. If using almond flour or coconut flour use in a 50/50 mix with each other or another type of flour. Some flours may require additional/less fluid and adjustment to cooking time
- Gluten-free pretzels also okay to use - check blog post for brands that produce these
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg