Vegan Apple Crumble
Servings: 4 people
- 4 apples sliced and cored
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 180 g oat flour
- 60 g whole oats
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 90 ml coconut oil
Preheat oven to 180C.
Add apples to a saucepan along with cinnamon and lemon juice.
Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
In the mean time, make the crumble topping by combining the oat flour with the coconut oil. Using fingertips, combine oil with flour until mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add in sugar and oats to the crumble mix.
Transfer apples to a deep baking dish.
Sprinkle crumble topping over the apples.
Bake for 35 minutes.
- Vegan spread or a flavourless can be used instead of coconut oil.
- Use regular flour, including white or wholewheat, if not using oat flour.
- Oats can also be omitted for a less coarse texture.
- Coconut sugar can be replaced with regular white or brown sugar in the topping.
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg